Grid-tie Solar is a maintenance free system which can be built to any scale depending client's requirement. In this Grid-tie Solar Power system, the excess energy is exported to the eb grid, thereby reducing power bills.
How Grid-tie Solar Power System works
A grid-connected photovoltaic power system, or grid-connected PV power system is an electricity generating solar PV power system that is connected to the utility grid.
- Working of Grid-tie solar power system is as follows:
- The system consists of Solar PV modules, Solar grid-tie inverter, and BOS.
- Electricity is generated when sunlight hits the solar panels
- This DC current is converted into Single phase or three-phase AC in the Solar Grid-tie PCU.
- The output of solar PCU is connected to the Electric grid using a bi-directional meter.
- Power generated is supplied to loads and then, excess is fed back to the grid.
- The amount of electricity fed back to the grid is duly compensated by the electric company.
- APT FOR FACTORIES, INDUSTRIES & COMMERCIAL ESTABLISHMENTS.
- Solar power is directly connected to EB grid and also to Diesel generator.
- Anti-islanding feature: The system automatically switches off when there is power outage.
- DIRECT SAVINGS: With Net metering system, pay only for what you used i.e.
Total units (KWh) consumed from EB - Total units (KWh) supplied back to the grid
- Requires installation of solar bi-directional meter by EB authority.
- Power failure occurs when EB supply is cut off.